Protective eyewear used during swimming are called swimming goggles. They work as protective glasses preventing dust, chemicals like chlorine and other such particles from entering the eyes. These are extensively used for skiing, mountaineering and such other sports too. Swim goggle is made of poly-carbonate lens, a plastic frame and a silicon or neoprene seal which prevents water leakage. The rubber straps can be adjusted to suit ones head size. A thin rubber strap connects both the eye caps and acts as the nose bridge. While open water swimming demands goggles which can protect you from harmful UV Rays but indoor swimming pools demands a bit tinted lenses for clear view in low light.
While selecting a pair, one has to make sure of that the nose bridge fits well on the nose without leaving marks. Speedo, Nike, Arena, Aquasphere, etc are some of the brands which make the best swimming goggles. These come in a variety of shapes and colors. Swimming goggles have become a necessary addition to your swimming gear. Since, 1972, swimming goggles have become a part of the standard swimming equipment and has been modified and redesigned since then.
Top 5 swimming goggles
|Aqua Sphere |
|Check It Out|
|Check It Out|
|Aqua Sphere |
|Check It Out|
|Aqua Sphere |
|Check It Out|
|Ispeed Mirror |
|Check It Out|
Swim Goggle Reviews
Aqua Sphere KAYENNE Goggle
For me this is the best goggle for swimmers in the market today. Reason behind this huge statement is its popularity and average user feedback ratings. If huge number of buyers are satisfied with aqua sphere goggle then it must be a good one.
Goggle is available in multiple colors. There are different types of lenses available if you are ordering it online. You can select lens type as per your requirement from
- Clear lens
- Polarized lens
- Smoke lens
- Mirror lens
These lenses come with anti fog and anti scratch material. Its 180% visibility is great for indoor swimming as well as for low light. Comfort level is one more high quality feature of this goggle. It is extremely easy to wear and adjust its one touch buckle. There are more quality swimming goggles in the market but when it’s come to complete package I don’t think anyone can compete with it.
If your budget is good then I will recommend this Aqua Sphere goggle in first place.
Speedo Vanquisher 2.0 Mirrored Swim Goggle
Speedo is one of the most trusted brands in swimming costumes. Speedo vanquisher 2.0 is available in many colors. It is top selling Speedo goggle online. Its panoramic lens comes with anti fog treatment and ultra violet protection. It is customizable because of this swim goggle’s nose cover options.
More peripheral vision for swimmers is great feature. High average rating from many people is proof of its high quality. You don’t have to adjust them frequently during your long swimming sessions.
Some customers reported problem while swimming in low light area. So if you are buying for indoor swimming then I will recommend looking for other options instead of this one. For open water swimming this one is best.
Ispeed Mirror Pro Goggle
I speed mirror pro is low budget and high quality product for your need. Don’t worry if you are not rich enough to invest more in your swimming eyewear. You can still have them in half price with nice quality.
It is available in different colors and manufacturers defect warranty. Its silicone poly carbonate lens are extremely light weight and comfortable to use. These are coated with anti fog material which is good for long distance swimming sessions.
If you are looking for good quality budget swim goggle then I will recommend this goggle.
i-Swim Pro Swimming Goggles
The i-swim pro swimming goggles is an all in one swimming goggle which serves many purposes at the same time. Talking of all its plus points, let’s begin with the lenses. The lenses used in this swimming goggle are anti fog ones and they should not be rubbed with hand on the inner surface. The view you get from using this goggles is absolutely crystal clear. Their fitting is water tight so that it doesn’t come off while swimming.
It also comes with a mirrored UV protection surfacing. These can be used by men, women and children of all age groups but they best suit adult teenagers. To add to it, these come with a free protection case, a nose clip and ear plugs to give you a better swimming experience.
- Anti-fog lenses.
- Water tight.
- It has a mirrored UV protection.
- Comes with free ear plugs, case and nose clip.
Foxnovo Leacco DL603 Adjustable Unisex Goggles
Stylish and elegant looking foxnovo unisex goggles are very good looking and have been rated as a bestseller too. Like all other swimming goggles, even they come with the basic facilities i.e. they are anti-fog and anti-glare, they have UV protection surface and they come with a new and innovative adjustable strap.
Unisex design makes it perfect for both, men ad women. Its completely sealed protective circle helps swimmers reduce pressure around the eyes. The strap, which is of silicone make, is adjustable and fits almost people from every age group.
- Unisex design makes it fit for both.
- It has adjustable silicone strap.
- Adopts high grade waterproof vacuum single layer coated PC lens.
- It is anti-glare, anti-UV and waterproof.
Unique as they look, these smart swimming goggles have a perfect make and a similarly perfect price too. These goggles are anti-fog which an important feature. They come with a UV protection surface and they obviously are water proof too. They also come with a newly discovered strap adjuster for comfortable and secure fitting of the goggles.
To add to all these interesting features, they also have a free pair of ear plugs and free protection case with them. These swim goggles are more like a much needed change to the patterns and designs of the same old and boring swimming goggles.
- It has a strap adjuster.
- Excellent anti fog effect.
- Waterproof and UV Protection.
- Free case and ear plugs.
Why Best Swimming Goggle Is Needed?
No doubt that eyes are the most precious as well as most tender of all body parts and organ of senses. They let you see the world exactly the way it is so the protection of these precious organs is necessary even when you are inside fresh water for swimming. They are needed to protect your eyes from different harmful chemicals like chlorine present in the swimming pool, which can cause irritation and burning sensation in eyes. They also protect you against some fine pollination and materials present under water. They help you in seeing things better inside water and you can swim properly without having to worry about the sight or about water being a barrier in your performance as a swimmer.
PROs of Using Swim Goggle
- Swimming goggles not only provide a clearer view inside water but also protect the eyes from chlorine and other such harsh chemicals. Continuous exposure to chlorine results in soreness of the eyes which is very dangerous for the retina.
- The best swimming goggles also protect your eyes from harmful fine pollen present in swimming pool.
- They become shield of your eyes against some injuries which may happen even form elbow or foot while movement.
- These swim goggles are anti fog and anti glare. They come with a layer of anti-fog inside the eye-caps which prevents the mist formation. The mist formation results in blurry vision which adversely affects the performance of the swimmer.
- They are a guard against communicable infections like conjunctivitis.
- Mirrored goggles or metabolized goggles are preferably used for outdoor swimming as these block the glare of the sun making swimming very comfortable.
CONs of Swimming Goggles
- Choosing the right pair of goggles is a process of trial and error and the wrong ones can be very uncomfortable.
- Some goggles do not have an anti-fog coating inside and it’s very irritating to swim with a layer of fog in your glasses. It makes your vision blurred.
- Initially you might find wearing them a tad bit uncomfortable as the eye cups seals the eyes completely but you get the hang of it after repeated use.
- The good quality ones are a little expensive. There are many in the market at very cheap prices too, but those don’t last long.
- One has to keep the goggles in their protective cases at all times else the lens in the eye caps gets spoiled.
- The anti-fog layer inside the goggles has to be delicately handles else it comes off rendering the goggles useless.
- If the rubber silicon strap is not made of good quality, it breaks off or tears easily.
Types of swim goggles
- Competition or Swedish Goggle: These types of swim goggles are used by professional swimmers and Olympic athletes. These are specially design to improve swimming performance and comfort level of swimmers. These are also known as Swedish goggles. If you are planning to use them daily then you should look for other types of goggles. They are great for racing but not for frequent uses.
- Gasket or Classic Goggles: Gasket (also known as classic) goggles are most popular and highly used swimming goggles. People swimming daily or frequently for exercise and hobby are using this type of goggles. These goggles are extremely easy to use and have great comfort quality. If you are not professional swimmer then you should try these classic goggles.
- Recreational Goggles: These are low budget swimming goggles which are not suitable for daily use. If you are occasional swimmer and you are not going for any swimming competition then you can use these less expensive goggles. If you want to spend low cash and not going for long swimming sessions then this one is good for you.
- Prescription Goggles: Swimmers having specs or contact lenses can’t use normal swim goggles comfortably. Therefore prescription swim goggles are used by them. Prescription goggles help them to see underwater without using contact lenses and specs. Only one precaution should be taken while buying prescription swimming goggle is selecting lens size. You must select right lens size to take full advantage of this goggle.
Best Swim goggle lens:
Swimming lenses are an important gear and should definitely be used while swimming. Their features enable them to take complete care of the eyes of a swimmer. Without them you can end up rendering serious damages and problems to your eyes. Hence one must consult a trained guide to help you choose a better and protective eye gear. Therefore it is necessary to understand the use and working of lens.
- Polycarbonate lens: These types of lenses are very strong and anti cracking. These lenses are also popular for their ability to resist fog and provide protection against UV.
- Optical grade lens: This is extremely lightweight material which reduces the overall weight of swim goggle. This is high quality plastic which resist scratches.
- Anti fog: As name indicates these lenses have coating of anti fog material from inside. The effect of this coating may reduced after some time but you can reply it by using anti fog drop.
- Clear lens: These types of lenses used to provide extra vision in low light and indoor swimming. This type of lens is extremely popular because of its accurate vision.
Top Swim Goggle Brands
- Speedo: It is one of the leading brands in swim wear. It has carved a niche for itself among the various brands manufacturing swimming gear. It is the most popular and top selling brand in the world. From making goggles for beginners to professional competitors, Speedo has one for every one. The fit of the nose strap to the silicon strap behind, Speedo uses the best quality products. It has a wide range of anti-fog, UV proof and mirrored goggles in a variety of shapes and colors to suit everyone’s style preference.
- Aquasphere: This brand has been involved in the fitness industry since long and one can see this influence in the making of its swimming goggles. They particularly aim at the fitness swimmers and their goggles are by far the most comfortable ones where fit is concerned. They are specially crafted from itch and scratch proof materials and hence ensure longevity of the goggles. They are easier to adjust and very flexible on the nose bridge. They also focus on clear view and large visibility area of the eye caps.
- Nike: Another one in the segment of sportswear, Nike makes one of the best swimming goggles. They specialize in using the best anti-fog lens. The goggles are specially manufactured keeping speed and hydrodynamics in mind. The shatter-proof lens and the neoprene gaskets offer a comfortable fit. They have one for all kinds of swimmers from beginners to serious athletes.
Whatever said and done, if you love swimming, then you must choose an appropriate pair for yourself. Trendy, colorful, mirrored and branded ones not only make a style statement but also protect your eyes and make your swimming exciting and fun. With the innumerable number of swimming goggles in the market, you can choose your most preferred one which suits your style, use and budget. Your swim wear is incomplete without a decent pair of swimming goggles. As these come with protective cases, carrying them around without fear of damaging them is easy. So get this necessary addition to your swimming bag today! Thank you!